Hello everybody. My name is John and in this post, I will be teaching you all How to resize an image in Adobe Photoshop. This is mainly because of online Applications where you need to upload images in a specific size and format. Again, Using and or learning Photoshop isn’t tough. Just make sure you follow along :
1. So in order to resize an image, You will obviously have to open your images in Adobe Photoshop. First.
2. Now make sure the sizes that you need. If you are applying online, then check their site for more information such as Size (Kb), Width and Height, and few times for dpi. I am not sure if you know all of these but since it is a guide so I will definitely explain it to you.
(a) Height : Height of an image refers to a measurement made for the vertical side of an image. When resizing a Passport Photo, remember that the Height is always greater than the width.
(b) Width : Same as Height. Width is a measurement made for the horizontal side of an image. So in images like a photo of a scenery or be it a Landscape photo, Width is always greater than the Height.
You can measure both Height and Width of an image in various forms. Such as CM, MM, Inches and the very popular is Pixels. And you can even use “Feet(s)” as a measurement. How about Meters ?
(c) dpi : This isn’t really usual in the most day to day edits. But for Online Applications, You will need this. dpi stands for Dots Per Inch. Familiar? It’s just like ppi which stands for pixels per inch. You can do this settings in the “Resolution Section” in Adobe Photoshop.
I have seen very high end photographs with a standard 72 dpi. But that’s never a limitation when you have Photoshop with you. According to my personal experience, most Online Applications will require you to set a minimum of 100 dpi.
3. Now that you know about all the different measurements about an image . It’s now time to get into real action:
4. There are two methods to actually resize an image. Not methods but ways to, Here is how :
(a) Right click on the image window> image size
(b) From the top left menu Click on Image > Image size
5. Now you have your resize window in front of you. Just do all the necessary settings and changes according to your need. don’t forget to save.