Hey there. This is John Daimary and in this post, I will be teaching you guys How to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool in Adobe Photoshop. Sounds Great? A little bit of “Intro” here. So Polygonal Lasso Tool is a selection tool in Adobe Photoshop that can be used for making some basic selections such as of a Pyramid, or its simply : A tool used to make selection with solid ends. Don’t know if that was enough to cure your curiosity. LOL
Never the less , Here is How to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool :
1. Open your image and or images in Adobe Photoshop. And just make sure why do you really have to select? Maybe to crop and move your image or for just a few little adjustments. May the reason be anything. Knowing the purpose will surely help you with your work.
2. Now Right-Click on the Lasso Tool and select Polygonal Lasso Tool. It looks something like the picture below.
3. Now it’s time to start the selection process.
4. In order to start selecting , just click on the starting point and choose a destination where you would like the next Polygonal Lasso Tool to sit. You know it’s really very difficult to teach in text. But I believe the below image to be a help.
5. Now, once you have done selecting your image . You will now have to join the starting point and the ending point together to form a complete selection. Just like the picture below.
6. So now we are all done with the selection . Wasn’t it easy to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool. Now you can do some adjustments to your image . Such as Blur , Brightness , Darkness , Contrast and etc. You know, at most usual , it’s going to be a lot difficult for you to choose a picture that would be a perfect fit for the polygonal lasso tool . And yeah , Don’t forget to zoom your image for sharper selection.